Saint Matthew Catholic Church offers numerous opportunities, at the parish level, in our neighborhood and beyond, for individual spiritual growth as well as for community service. We live the Gospel through prayer and action and strive to make a difference in our world. Christian Meditation prayer groups, Eucharist adoration in the Chapel, Scripture study, Marian devotion prayer group, parish retreats, a Prayer and Praise group, and prayers of the Rosary provide numerous choices for individual spiritual development. Within the parish, the Altar Guild, Bereavement Team, library, coffee and donut servers, grounds, electrical or painting assistance are only a few examples of how members are united in parish activities. In the Winter Haven area, members of Saint Matthew Catholic Church operate Regenerations Resale Shop, visit the sick and homebound in hospitals and nursing homes. Another example of how we live the Gospel in our community is by the year-round donation of non-perishable food to Catholic Charities and the Mission Meal program whereby the parish supports the less fortunate in our area. These are examples of some of the ways that the members of Saint Matthew Catholic Church strive to be ambassadors of The Light of The World.
Download our PARISH REGISTRATION FORM
“All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Wednesday Liturgy of the Hours: 9AM
Saturday Vigil: 4PM
Sunday: 8AM, 10:30AM & 6PM
Reconciliation: Saturday 3PM or by appt.
The Catholic Community of Saint Matthew strives to live our mission given by Christ our Lord. Our vision is the faithful teaching of the Gospel, the reverent celebration of the Sacraments and the living out of a life of charity and generosity especially to the poor and forgotten. We seek to be a people of prayer in union with Mary, the Mother of God, Saint Matthew and all God’s people in heaven and on earth.
Saint Matthew Online Community
EME, Readers and Altar Servers can login here to view or download schedules.
Create a profile and connect with your Saint Matthew Community.
NEED AN ACCOUNT? CLICK HERE
Lent & Easter Dates
Readings for the Week
Readings for the Week of April 13, 2014
- Sunday: Mt 21:1-11 / Is 50:4-7 / Phil 2:6-11 / Mt 26:14--27:66 or 27:11-54
- Monday: Is 42:1-7 / Jn 12:1-11
- Tuesday: Is 49:1-6 / Jn 13:21-33, 36-38
- Wednesday: Is 50:4-9a / Mt 26:14-25
- Thursday: Chrism Mass: Is 61:1-3ab, 6a, 8b-9 / Rv 1:5-8 / Lk 4:16-21
- s Supper: Ex 12:1-8, 11-14 / 1 Cor 11:23-26 / Jn 13:1-15
- Friday: Is 52:13--53:12 / Heb 4:14-16; 5:7-9 / Jn 18:1--19:42
- Saturday: Easter Vigil: Gn 1:1--2:2 or 1:1, 26-31a / Gn 22:1-18 or 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18 / Ex 14:15--15:1 / Is 54:5-14 / Is 55:1-11 / Bar 3:9-15, 32--4:4 / Ez 36:16-17a, 18-28 / Rom 6:3-11 / Mt 28:1-10
- Next Sunday: Acts 10:34a, 37-43 / Col 3:1-4 or 1 Cor 5:6b-8 / Jn 20:1-9 or Mt 28:1-10 or Lk 24:13-35